What's In a Name?

  • doris.cott
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 21, 2013
      I read somewhere in Guru's books (I am sorry I don't remember the exact book) that Guru's name Sri Chinmoy, which means "full of consciousness" would trigger something positive in someone who either reads it, hears it or speaks it.

      Recently I received a letter from my real sister who lives in Berlin and is mentally ill for many, many years, to be precise for 28 years. In it she wrote to me about her sensitivities and that she now lives in a bord and care home. Over the years I have never mentioned Guru to her but now I felt I would like to send her a photo of his. I chose the one that we once got from fellow students in NY in 2007. But I didn't comment to it.

      I only prayed as sincerely as possible that she may accept it and now that I am holding her reply in my hands I am so happy. She mentioned his name even twice - Sri Chinmoy - and expressed her joy saying how young and good he would look and that I was in "good hands". Two times she wrote his name - Sri Chinmoy.

      For me to read Guru's name written by her own hand gives me so much joy and hope.

      -Doris