Re: New Statue of Sri Chinmoy in Timor Leste

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 20, 2013
      A slide show about this newest statue dedication was shown at the Saturday night meditation function at Aspiration-Ground. Bhagirathi put it together with a collection of photos by several individuals (I remember Agragati's name and a few others). It was so moving to watch the transformation that seemed to happen right during the dedication wherein the former Prime Minister and the current Prime Minister (not from the same political parties) opened up to each other in a positive spirit until one photo showed them in a friendly embrace.

      I believe this is the second statue with Kaivalya's new design with one hand on the torch and one on his heart with his eyes looking downward. I like it very much although I suppose I am partial towards the one in Rhode Island with both hands holding the torch.

      Do other people share the sentiment that different statues seem to have different essences that mirror where they are located? The one in California seemed to almost immediately emanate a mellow peaceful and relaxed vibration. It faces the setting sun and also seems to reflect the sunny California trademark as well.