Shivaram is right!

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 18, 2013
      On the Christmas trip in San Diego, Shivaram spoke several times at our functions - in some instances to share memories of the early days when he knew Guru as a colleague at work in New York and then to tell more recent personal experiences such as how powerful he finds it to repeat a mantra "Guru, Supreme, Supreme, Guru" during his regular daily activities. He does it with 16 variations - for instance "Guru, Guru, Supreme, Supreme" or other combinations of the words. Subsequent to that, I chose for myself to recite, "I pray to know, accept and live your will for my life" in the spirit of striving to align oneself with God's Will.

      But actually when I say "Shivaram is right!" I refer to New Year's eve when he told us about a dream/inner experience in which Guru appeared to him more alive than even when he was still in a physical body alive on Earth (or earth with a small letter e as Guru spelled it). He said the experience was so real to him that he almost called New York to ask if Guru had come back to life and was there in New York.

      Of course, I think I can safely say that all of us who are Guru's disciples have felt his presence in our lives in a myriad of ways since his passing in 2007. One vivid such moment for me was while I ran/walked the Father's Day marathon held in New York last summer. His "energy/spirit" suddenly came to me and I felt him blessing me as if he was standing there beside me. Then his famous words from his writings on peace (a variation of which are on the plaque of the San Diego statue of Sri Chinmoy) about how peace will come from regular people,

      "There shall come a time when this world of ours will be flooded with peace. Who is going to bring about that radical change? It will be you: you and your sisters and brothers, who are an extension of your reality-existence. It will be you and your oneness-heart, which is spread throughout the length and breadth of the world."
      http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/0271/1/1/index.html

      But again I digress. For when I say Shivaram is right! I am most immediately talking about being in New York for the first Saturday and Sunday functions since the return of the Christmas Trip. Previously many people would come to attend meditations with Sri Chinmoy after not having seen him outwardly if they did not travel to the countries he visited during the annual Christmas Trip. Unlike those years, a few of us from Rhode Island were pretty much it for out of towners come to New York for the weekend and the only visitors who contributed prasad as well.

      I for one am here to testify that you don't know what you are missing!! Guru appeared seated in the temple and his presence was felt the entire weekend in a manner the most powerful since October 2007. I had to pinch myself to see if it was all really happening. After Kodanda played Ami Jabo, a long beautiful Bengali song that Guru often played in concerts, we sang it aloud together. This song that I do not "know" the words to just spontaneously sang from my lips as we soulfully sang as one voice with tremendous devotion. Tears streamed down my face (not tears of sadness) and I felt completely linked inwardly to an enlarged photo of Guru seated in a white doti inside the temple which had since some time previous come completely to life - infused with his energy.

      As if to clinch the truth of Shivaram's pronouncement, we then watched a video clip of Guru being talked about on the David Letterman show which aired on Friday Feb. 15th in which he was referred to as if he was still alive.

      I wish I had a camera to have taken my photo when I got home from the Saturday night function because when I caught my reflection in a mirror, I looked like a different person, as if I had been inundated with spiritual light, which in fact I had. Such had been a regular occurence when attending functions with Guru when he was still "alive". And such can still be the case today.

      The next morning, Sunday, I still felt so strongly that he was present in New York, that I spontaneously went across the street to the deli to buy prasad to celebrate this unexpected good news of Guru's service and weightlifting being talked about on national television and perhaps viewed by thousands or more people. It brought back so many sweet memories of times when Guru would offer prasad on the spur of the moment when some unexpected good thing happened or he had just achieved a new weightlifting goal, etc. He would give Pulak some money to go out and bring back ice cream or they would run to the deli across the street and bring back bags of chips that he would hand/throw to us in the sweetest way.

      So the prasad on Sunday bought at the deli with the photos of Sri Chinmoy hung up near the counter can safely be considered to have been given by him, who is as Shivaram assured us, very much alive.

      Sharani
    • suchana27
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 10, 2013
        What a beautiful and moving posting, dear Sharani!

        I just imagined to copy into Guru´s own poetic words partly of your spiritual stories. Here they are:

        "If we repeat God´s Name ceaselessly,
        Then we can easily get through
        All the difficulties of the day."

        in http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/1454/477/index.html