Recollections On Sri Chinmoy: Meditations with Guru

  • mahiruha_27
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 12, 2013
      During a meditation function in the early months of 1999 (perhaps it was late February), Guru stood up and folded his hands and said, "King Hussein."

      Everyone in the room stood up and we all meditated in a few minutes in silence. In all my years with Guru, I never had that experience before or after. It was as if King Hussein's soul came to Guru and Guru wanted to honor him with a collective meditation.

      I do not believe Guru was ever able to meet with this great and humane peace maker, but I know that Guru esteemed him very highly. After the two or three minute moment of silent meditation, various people read out tributes to King Hussein from world leaders. I believe former US President Bill Clinton was present at King Hussein's funeral and someone remembered his tribute to King Hussein's wife, Noor. He had called her "the daughter of America and the Queen of Jordan."