Everest-Aspiration Club

  • doris.cott
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 30, 2013
      It all began with a spontaneous resolution for the New Year 2013! Being a lover of Guru's writings, I made a promise to myself and to Guru that I would learn the book "Everest Aspiration" by heart. There was this initial joy but when I started learning it turned out not to be so easy! So, at first I gave it a wide berth...

      But then I coincidentally watched a video in which Guru said we should pay utmost attention to a promise that we made, that we should keep it sacred and secret and a few other things. Alas, I had already trumpeted my project into the world. He also said that some promises would perhaps take a year to fulfill but others might take the rest of our lives.

      I like working on projects and sometimes there are empty moments when they are done. So here was the opportunity to work on a life long project. But then it dawned on me that Guru perhaps meant to say to finish a project as fast as possible. I thought, "Why not share the idea with others, it would be a great help!"

      So the idea was born - The Everest-Aspiration Club.

      Everybody is warmly invited to join. We can learn individually or collectively, have performances on Joydays or/and in New York.

      I am fortunate to own a beautiful and intact collection of four volumes of a four-part series from 1977, which gives me extra joy and inspiration, but three talks are also available online:

      Everest-Aspiration, Part1
      http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/0352/
      Everest-Aspiration, Part2
      http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/0353/index.html
      Everest-Aspiration, Part3
      http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/0354/index.html

      I would be happy to hear from you and to send you copies if needed!

      -Doris