New Year's Prayer

  • arpan_deangelo
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 14, 2013
      This is a New Year's prayer which can be a great way to start each and every day. One of my favorites:

      "In the new hour ahead
      My heart shall cry for God.
      In the new day ahead
      My life shall smile with God.
      In the New Year ahead
      I shall finally satisfy God."

      Sri Chinmoy

      Gratefully,
      Arpan
    • doris.cott
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 14, 2013
        Thank you, Arpan, it's really something to be remembered every day. Speaking of favorites, the following poem is one that I began reciting since December 30, 2012:

        "My Supreme, my Supreme, my Supreme!
        O my past,
        Away you go, away you go, away you go!
        O my present,
        You must always be with me, in me and for me!
        O my future,
        I am preparing myself for you
        Lovingly, carefully and prayerfully,
        Soulfully, powerfully and eagerly,
        Enthusiastically and self-givingly!
        My Supreme, my Supreme, my Supreme!

        -Sri Chinmoy
        From: My Morning Soul-Body Prayers, Part 2
        http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/1280/1/21/index.html

        Also available on video with the same title.

        -Doris