Re: Great India

  • purnakama2000
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 5, 2013
      Hi Doris:)

      I too am so moved by the Mahabharata. I am well into my third viewing, and I just can never get enough.

      A disciple told me that Guru once said, (this is very unofficial) if you are at home while he is away during the Christmas Trip, that watching the Mahabharata during those long cold winter months will keep you inspired.

      I have just arrived back from the Christmas trip and am now facing a long few cold winter months, so tonight I will continue watching. Right now I am at my favorite part. It is the beginning of the battle and Krishna is uttering his immortal words to Arjuna that will become the Baghavad Gita.
      Can't wait!

      Happy watching!

      Purnakama
    • doris.cott
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 6, 2013
        Hi Purnakama, nice to hear from you. Yes, it was and is still very, very inspiring, the Gita is also my favorite part, although I doubt that I understood everything well. I will have to watch this part again.

        It can be watched on youtube, in case someone wants to join.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93QgfpVQU3U
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93QgfpVQU3U

        Another moving part is the last year of anonymity, after eleven years of exile, that the Pandavas had to face.

        Another disciple told me also that Guru said the actors were in a very high consciousness while acting. This is so true, each and every actor and actress were just brilliant. I found myself sometimes loudly commenting some dialogues. I would even scold king Dhritarashtra waving at him and saying, "Ah, forget about self-pity, act like a king since you *are* sitting on the throne that you so much desired..." :-) But the worst, for me at least, will always be Shakuni who seemed to be good only at treachery. I am ashamed to admit that I found some gree when he was finally killed in the battle.

        Guru wrote a song in which some of the great warriors are mentioned by name. As they often had more than one name, does anybody know who Mahavim might be?

        http://www.srichinmoysongs.com/song/view/vishma-ar-drona/7550/?qs=Drona

        -Doris