New Year Comes And Old Year Goes

  • doris.cott
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2013
      The Heidelberg disciples had been inviting us to a New Year meditation in their Centre including a visit to Pujaloy. I got a last minute opportunity to go to Pujaloy, a four hour car ride. I haven't been to Pujaloy for quite some time for several reasons.

      Time of departure was 5.30 p.m., return journey after midnight. I was a little worried whether I would be able to do it, but concentrating on my spiritual heart I felt joy and so it must have been the right decision...

      The circumstances were perfect, no big van; not many people, no rushing...a quiet evening, a time when most people prepare for dinner. The streets rather empty, not much traffic on the highway but most beautiful - the full moon hanging heavy in the dark sky, accompanying us all the way. I had recently watched beautiful color images if her, so I admired the moon all the more. We had sweet moon conversations which was important for the three souls of us who live under one roof with, ah, too often disagreements with regards to our daily life situations...

      10 p.m., outer silence in a holy atmosphere, white marbel below and above, a gold-silver waves artwork- surrounding the Transcendental Picture, a most beautiful rose bouquet, spreading incense fragrance, a starlit night-sky reflected on the shining, polished floor tiles - a piece of Heaven. My mind wandering still...

      After 30 minutes a short break, announced by a soft gong, people change seats, walk down to the museum or just recompose themselves. I am in the museum, a place where you feel its Guru's home. Whereas the meditation hall rather provides a feeling of being in a church, down here one feels homey. No matter how long you have not been visiting you feel as if you have never left the place, I am sitting on one of the chairs against the wall in a tiny room, where Guru's blue chair is positioned in front of a large window that allows one to have the overview of the river Neckar. But tonight the windows are covered, Guru's chair with a tinier Transcendental Picture on it, secured by a blue/golden delimitation. I am watching the blue robe instead of meditating, wishing it wouldn't be there, while my neighbor is whispering, "This chair Guru was sitting on when he was in Winterthur." I smiled and concentrated on the Picture that began to shine and radiate light in a way that made the blue robe disappear, appear, disappear. It was such a sweet, lightful play that made me forget all my thoughts in an instance. I was aware of the gift I was about to receive and tried to be at least a little more receptive. The blue robe now shone all golden and a Great Light, changing from golden to pink to golden from God knows where was filling the room and my eyes until the gong reminded us of the next short break. I remained seated, but after an hour I really had to make space for other people who desired to enjoy the intimate atmosphere of this tiny, but ever so holy place as well.

      11.45 p.m. and in a few minutes outside a storm of firecrackers will break lose, a prayer to protect the animals in the forest, tearful smiles and hopes for a happy new year. Resolutions. I promised that I would learn Guru's book "Everest Aspiration" by heart, no matter how long it may take.

      A safe night journey back, the moon high above us faithfully guiding us, a heartfelt thank-you to our only driver, who had to even drive our guest (from Miami) back to the airport in Zurich. Their journey will be just be a little longer we would be joking...

      Morning breaks...

      -Doris