Re: Ravi Shankar

  • kedarvideo
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 13, 2012
      As a tribute to Ravi Shankar I published 3 pictures where he can be seen together with Sri Chinmoy:

      http://srichinmoyphoto.com/2012/12/12/tribute-to-ravi-shankar-1920-2012/

      Kedar
    • tejvan_13
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 16, 2012
        In London this weekend, I just happened to pick up a 'Chinmoy Family' (the name of the old Sri Chinmoy Centre newsletter) from 1973. There was a small note about Sri Chinmoy's first meeting with Ravi Shankar in Queens, New York, 1973. There was a wonderful photo, I hadn't seen before, with both men smiling broadly - clearly enjoying being in each others' company.

        The short note from Chinmoy Family, 1973, stated: 'Most of the conversation between the two men was in their native Bengali, although their animation and immediate rapport needed no translation.'

        Also, on Radio Sri Chinmoy, you might catch a special streaming edition of music dedicated to the music of Ravi Shankar.

        If you click below, you can open up in iTunes:
        http://narada.vasudevaserver.net/tunein.php/whm/playlist.pls

        You could also try pasting this URL into your favourite music player:

        http://96.126.107.232:8004

        Thanks to Michael for offering this streaming radio service.
        http://streaming.radiosrichinmoy.org/

        A few years ago, I was fortunate and privileged to see one live concert of Ravi Shankar's music. It was a wonderfully uplifting night of soulful music.

        I also deeply admired how Ravi Shankar remained dedicated to his music and self-offering for so many years.

        ~

        Tejvan
      • animesh.harrington
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 16, 2012
          Hi Tejvan,

          The photo of Sri Chinmoy and Ravi Shankar from 1973, published in Chinmoy Family, can be seen at Sri Chinmoy Reflections:

          http://srichinmoy-reflections.com/on-this-day-september#9.20

          Click to enlarge it.

          Also, we've put up a permanent Ravi Shankar tribute section at:

          http://srichinmoy-reflections.com/ravi-shankar

          Many thanks for the links you've provided and in particular for the wonderful piece about Ravi Shankar in Sri Chinmoy Centre News:

          http://www.srichinmoybio.co.uk/news/sri-chinmoy/ravi-shankar

          Animesh