Re: I Am Happy

  • suchana27
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 26, 2012
      Dear Arpan,
      Thank you for this poem I read many years ago but totally forgotten its words since then. I just feel that Guru´s Poem conveys shortly and convincingly a way to run happily along the Sunlit Path. So, devotees and seekers will be happy to receive it as "Prasad" in our next meditation meeting.
      Happily and gratefully,
      Suchana
    • abanna27
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 3, 2012
        Hi Arpan,

        Here is a coincidence: Just last night at our Centre meeting we recited this poem as a group!

        We also recited, "Be Happy." Nayak said that to combat depression or sadness, Guru said to recite "Be Happy" two or three times every morning. (I am unofficially quoting Nayak quoting Guru.) The poem can be found at the following link, but I have also copied and pasted it below.

        Gratitude,
        Abanna

        http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/0009/2/19/

        BE HAPPY

        Be happy

        You will grow into God's greatest blessing, His highest pride.

        Be happy

        Yesterday's world wants you to enjoy its surrendered breath.

        Be happy

        Today's world wants you to enjoy its surrendering breath.

        Tomorrow's world wants you to enjoy its fulfilling breath.

        Be happy

        Be happy in the morning with what you have. Be happy in the evening with what you are.

        Be happy

        Don't complain. Who complains? The blind beggar in you.

        When you complain, you dance in the mire of ignorance-condition.

        When you don't complain, all conditions of the world are at your feet, and God gives you a new name: aspiration.

        Aspiration is the supreme wealth in the world of light and delight.

        Be happy

        Do you want never to be poor? Then be happy. Do you want ever to be great? Then be happy.

        Be happy

        You will get what you like most. You will be what you like best.

        Be happy

        When you are happy, you and God command each other.

        God commands you lovingly. You command God hastily.

        When you are unhappy, the Hostile Forces command you ruthlessly, doubt commands you openly, bondage commands you triumphantly and fear commands you unconditionally.

        Be happy

        God sees in you His aspiring Creation, His transforming Realisation, His illumining Revelation and His fulfilling Manifestation.

        Be happy

        God sees in you another God. God sees you as another God. God sees you and He as One.

        Sri Chinmoy, Songs Of The Soul, Agni Press, 1971.
      • arpan_deangelo
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 5, 2012
          Thank you Abanna.
          It is important that we inspire each other to be happy. Things don't always go so smoothly in the outer physical world for us every day. Some days are good for some people and not so good for others. When we are having a good day it's nice to be able to inspire someone else to be happy if they are not doing so well that day.

          But since most people do not want to take advice from us, the best thing is to share some of Guru's writings, such as the Happiness poems, with them instead.
          Thanks again for sharing that and inspiring others in all you do for Guru and the Supreme and his family, our extended spiritual family.

          Happily,
          Arpan