Re: My Visit To Greece, Part 3

  • doris.cott
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 18, 2012
      Your encouragement means so much to me, dear Purnakarma. It made me smile from ear to ear. The last installment is coming soon.

      Here is a link for you to listen to the complete Donovan song from the movie "St. Francis Of Assisi":
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auoIdVPiqXU

      My favourite song as a young girl was "Hurdy Gurdy Man" (also "Atlantis" is well remembered). Here is a nice video of "Hurdy Gurdy Man" and a heartfelt comment to it.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqhxK_g9mrA

      I may use the opportunity to thank all those who ever inspired and encouraged me online and offline to continue writing. I myself call them scribblings as I am aware of how utterly simple my posts are. Through this site I discovered the joy of writing and for that I am very grateful. But the little progress that I have made over the last years (also in English) I really owe to those who previously contributed and commented to this site: Sharani, Sumangali, Kaushalya, Purnakarma, Suchana, Nirmala, Beverly, Bigalita, Niriha, Arpan, Jaitra, Pavitrata, Nirbhasa, Tejvan, Nicholas, Jogyata, Michael, Priyadarshan, Mahiruha and so many others who have to forgive me if I forgot to mention their names.

      In August I had a brief conversation with Mahiruha in the drive way of Aspiration Ground and I told him that sometimes I would feel like a fool continuing to write in the Inspiration Group and that I may stop writing as the numbers of writers have decreased so drastically over time. But he was so enthusiastic saying how important it is to speak about our master for future generations to come. This is so true. Who if not we ourselves will be the future generation!?

      It is also true that the internet might not be the ideal place to preserve Guru's teachings for a longer period of time but at the present moment I know so many people who are looking for inspiration there. Also for people with little money our Sri Chinmoy website is a great source for inspiration.

      http://www.srichinmoycentre.org/

      I myself experienced in Greece what it means to really need outer inspiration. There are not everywhere big meditation centres around the world. Reading online in a smoky internet café made me realise how spoilt I am to have my own computer at home. We take so many things for granted. The inspiration I got from reading was much deeper. It's not that I want to favour anybody but it was especially Jogyata's post "Travel Experience"* that helped me tremendously to cope with difficult situations. Just by laughing and laughing reading helped me so much to get rid of tension. To laugh is medicine. People around me in the internet café looked up and also started laughing! This is how good energy spreads. Who knows who else needed to laugh.

      I don't have the capacity to tempt people in but I don't mind to be a beggar and ask those who remain silent to please share their hearts with the world in the Inspiration Group.

      -Doris
    • mahiruha_27
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 18, 2012
        I'm just echoing what Purnakama said, Doris. I do benefit from your thoughts on the path and the spiritual life. Guru gave us a lot of spiritual food to digest and process. I like reading about how other people tackle the twenty-eight course feast that he's put in front of us. And you express yourself with simplicity and honesty, and I like that.

        --Mahiruha
      • suchana27
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 19, 2012
          Dear Doris,
          I love reading your spiritual experiences in Greece!
          It is amazing to read how receptive to your soul´s light a stone could be. That´s a very sweet miracle!
          I am eager to know about your new chapter.

          Suchana