Vasanti's Successful Gibraltar Straits Swim

  • abanna27
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 15, 2012
      Hi All,

      In case you haven't seen it, from srichinmoyraces.org:

      "On Oct. 9th, Vasanti Niemz, 2x Channel swimmer and ultra-triathlete from the Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team, Germany (and a vegetarian since 1981), accomplished the first crossing by our team of the 14 km wide Gibraltar Straits between Spain/Europe and Morocco/Africa. The swim was completed under quite favourable conditions in 5 hours 25 min; Vasanti was assisted by Albena Margaritowa from Edinburgh. Her swim was another old dream come true, dedicated to the 25th anniversary of the World Harmony Run and the ideal of international friendship and harmony! Harmony also with our environment - here the ocean and its marine life, which is quite endangered in the Straits."

      Vasanti tells the story in her own words and with a slide show in, "Swimming to Africa:The longer story" which can be found here:

      http://www.channel-triathlon.com/2012/10/17/gibraltar-the-longer-story/#comment-345

      It is so inspiring and uplifting! A real joy to read.

      Abanna