Re: Guru's music

  • ylianne
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 12, 2012
      I will ask to have Guru's music playing when I have my operation on Thursday.
    • abanna27
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 14, 2012
        Hi ylianne,

        There is a new Guru-Noka compilation of Guru's writings called, "Man's Health is God's Wealth: Spiritual Secrets of Health." This is a 500+ page treasure-trove of Guru's writings, talks, and even songs relating to wide-ranging aspects of health, including depression and anxiety. Three hundred advance copies of the book were made available for August Celebrations, and early-on they sold out almost instantly. The book will be printed in much larger quantity and sold again at April Celebrations. In the meantime, maybe you know somebody who snagged a copy and could loan it to you.

        The countless sources came from many different books, publications, and talks. That's what makes the compilation such a treasure! But also makes it hard to pluck out sources to recommend. One source is, "The Body: Humanity's Fortress," which is cited often in the section of the compilation called, "The Fully Awakened Body." If you don't have access to a hard copy, here is a link to the Sri Chinmoy online library:

        http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/0131/index.html

        The most important thing of all is to stay cheerful! It is through cheerfulness that we increase our receptivity to all the divine qualities.

        Best wishes,
        Abanna
      • ylianne
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 30, 2012
          Thank you for the reference to Guru's book. And to remind myself to be cheerful. People say they see my courage and positivity and wonder what the source of it is. It is Guru's presence and his inner guidance that enables me to be much stronger than I used to be as I have suffered from anxiety and depression for a long time, and Guru was made aware of this on one Christmas trip. In all my times of seeing Guru in New York or on Christmas trips he had never looked directly at me. I was one of the many disciples who had to focus on their inner connection.

          However on my last Christmas trip with Guru he did look at me many times as I went for prasad for which I felt truly grateful. And I continue to feel grateful for my current experience because it means Guru will always be there to give the me strength to go through whatever I have to.