Recollections on Sri Chinmoy: More memories from Oneness-Fountain-Heart

  • mahiruha_27
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 28, 2012
      I think in early 2005, Sri Chinmoy met with an ambassador friend of his at the Oneness-Fountain-Heart Restaurant. We (the waitstaff and the whole restaurant) were given ample notice, so we were very happy to be fully prepared to welcome Sri Chinmoy and his friend. I think Guru did most of the talking. He spoke very quickly and passionately about Indian history, his own experiences in America and the world situation. The Ambassador listened very attentively.

      The ambassador had to leave after an hour, so Sri Chinmoy stayed and had some tea and a chocolate mousse dessert. Then he got up to leave. Maybe ten feet from the door, he paused, and looked around the restaurant.

      "Beautiful, beautiful," he said.

      Then he turned to us, the workers, and said, "To me this is not a restaurant. It is like a beautiful Indian temple. Here I feel sweetness and purity. In life, if you have sweetness and purity, what else do you need?"

      Then Guru smiled at us and left.