Recollections on Sri Chinmoy: Guru on healing

  • mahiruha_27
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 23, 2012
      I remember once, maybe in 2006, when Guru spoke about an elderly Englishwoman he had met a long time ago. I think Sushumna took Guru to see her. She was a healer, but, unfortunately, she was suffering from many, many terrible diseases. Guru commented to us that this particular woman did have the capacity to take diseases from people. But she did not have the ability to dispose of those diseases. She could only take them into her own body. He seemed so sorry for her.

      I remember a husband and wife who used to come to the weekly Friday seeker meetings. The wife was extremely ill, and needed her husband's assistance to get on and off the stage. I don't think they came to the meditation for the wife to be cured, necessarily. They just recognized that Sri Chinmoy was a real spiritual Master and they wanted to participate in his soulful programs. They came for many years.

      I really appreciate the sincere seekers like them who came to pray and meditate with the Master. I really got a lot of inspiration from their soulful devotion to Guru and their own intense inner cry. Guru said once that some people make very fast spiritual progress just from reading his writings. They may never see Sri Chinmoy physically, but by reading his spiritual writings devotedly they can make real progress.

      I think Sri Chinmoy tried to avoid public demonstrations of his spiritual healing capacities. I believe he preferred to work in secret, because it was more effective and also so that people would not come to him just so that he would resolve their ailments.

      Sri Chinmoy did cure me of a terrible respiratory condition. I've mentioned this before. I had not even met him, but had started meditating on a picture of the Master in a high consciousness and had also started reading his books. To this day, I am grateful to be able to breathe normally.

      How much I take for granted!

      --Mahiruha