It Is An Offering

  • utpalmarshall
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 8, 2012
      The yearly 47 mile race on Guru's birthday has always been my favorite race by far. For a younger generation of runners it may be difficult to imagine that in fact on 2 occasions Guru ran the race himself. Both in its 2nd year 1979 and again in 1980 where he set his personal best.

      It was also in 1980 that something remarkable happened when Virendra set a time for the boys that has yet to be surpassed. No one thought at the time that the record would last so long and it in fact nearly did fall this year with a heroic effort by Vajin.

      Everybody finds their own motivation to run any long hard event. The 47 mile race though has a unique way of bringing the very best out of people just as it did with Guru

      This is, in his own words, what happened to Virendra on that memorable night. Also you will see pictures of that night that most have never seen before.

      http://perfectionjourney.org/2012/10/07/47-mile-race-1980-it-is-an-offering/#more-28194

      much thanks
      Utpal
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 12, 2012
        Thanks, Utpal!

        Very nice article!

        with gratitude, Kamalakanta
      • suchana27
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 15, 2012
          How nice and inspiring these photos and stories are!
          Thank you, Utpal, for your posting!
          The 47 mile race on Guru´s birthday is my favorite one -a very special way to commune with the joy of the heart and the oneness-family spirit through motion. I only participated two times but unlike Guru I haven´t set my personal best yet :-)!
          Congratulations to Virendra and Vajin!

          Suchana