On the road with Mahiruha: Real Life stories from the World Harmony Run

  • arpan_deangelo
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 7, 2012
      To Mahiruha and others who wish to hear stories about Mahiruha,

      Thanks for the illumining dreams and stories. Not sure about how much time people want to spend on reading a long post like that or like the one I am about to write, but you did make it interesting enough to get through it all.

      I hope this one is not too long so I may write it in a couple of installments as there is more than one story, most of them amusing, about Mahiruha on that 2005 World Harmony Run that he mentioned in the beginning of his post.

      I hope they are not embarrassing for you Mahiruha, as I just think they are kind of cute and gave me lots of joy. You always seem to have a way to lighten things up and make people laugh or at least bring some amusement to others, just as your dreams seem to do.

      These next two stories are reality though, and not dreams.
      The first is about the time when Mahiruha and I were a two man team out in the middle of nowhere in the vast and desolate Southwest, I think in Arizona or Utah. We decided to do a two man leapfrog, where one of us runs with the torch and the other drives ahead a mile or more and parks the van and runs with another torch from there after locking the van. This is a bit risky, especially if one of us forgets our key. But that did not happen fortunately.

      On one of the legs of the leap I was driving ahead to pass Mahiruha and then park ahead of him and then go out and start running. There was no one around on this desolate desert road so we had no problems finding parking or worrying about the safety of the van. As I was driving I noticed a runner in the distance, but they had no torch so I thought perhaps it was a local runner. The problem with that was that there were no towns or houses or people around for miles, so I could not figure out who would be running out here. As I got closer I noticed that it was Mahiruha running without a torch.

      I was not sure why he had no torch but I know that sometimes we would not light the torch if it was really hot and dry and a dangerous fire hazard in some parts of this area of the country. But we always carried a torch, even if it was not lit.

      As I approached him slowly driving with my window open I did not say a word. I wanted to ask him why he did not have a torch but as soon as he saw me he realized that he was not carrying a torch and very excitedly reacted, embarrassed and apologetic. I started laughing and he was also amused that he could just get out of the van without a torch after all these weeks on the road running with a torch.

      It was very amusing but seemed quite natural being out here in a stark and desolate setting that the mind would not function as it normally would in a more populated and busy area. Mahiruha was quite taken by the beauty and the vastness of the southwest and this was evident by his 'spacey' detachment from his normally sharp witted mind. I think it was the only time I ever witnessed a runner forgetting to carry a torch and not realise it for a mile or so.

      Since this story was quite long I will save the next story for the next post if Mahiruha and others wish to hear more in the ongoing adventures of the U.S.A. World Harmony Run, Mahiruha style.

      I think I will tell the one about Mahiruha, then called Morris, dancing under a street sign while Salil was taking photos as I approached from the distance carrying the torch, wondering what could possibly be happening here.
      If you want to find out then stay tuned........

      Harmoniously,
      Arpan
    • suchana27
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 7, 2012
        Dear Mahiruha,

        I am really impressed by the deep messages you were lovingly offered by Guru in your dreams!
        They are teaching me a lot!

        Kind regards,
        Suchana