Re: Spiritual music

  • doris.cott
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 5, 2012
      A warm welcome to this site, Francesco!!!

      It is so true that spiritual music can give inspiration to bring out our hearts. My all time favourite song by Krishna Das is Mere Gurudev that quickly became an earworm. The lyrics speak of deep sincerity, so in the evening I asked myself what was wrong with me as one can see and feel Krishna Das love for his master. I marvelled, "I wish I had such devotional feelings towards my own master whose path I am following for 22 years...

      I switched to some clips of Sri Chinmoy and found one really beautiful video - An Orphan Boy. Though we can never compare different paths I felt homey immediately; the Light, the purity...

      I cannot say my path is better than any other path but it is the best for me. I can only be grateful to the person who uploaded the video. Thanks!!!

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9PkqjRrfvg

      -Doris

      P.S. I will check out the Sufi musician later...thanks again.