Skip to search.

Re: Twenty Seven Aspiration Plants

  • kaushalyacasey
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 3, 2012
      What powerful images! I can just see that lamp from the Supreme. I have also been enjoying Aspiration Plants, and wishing I had a miracle way of spreading them through the universe to share the joy! Thanks
    • purnakama2000
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 20, 2012
        I am always happily surprised when I come across a word in Guru's writings that I have to look up because I haven't ever seen it before. Guru's command of the english language was truly remarkable.

        My favorite word in this category is "welkin" which I found out means sky.

        "The star vast welkin hugs my spirit's peace."

        This is my absolute favorite line of poetry ever.

        As I was reading more of Guru's Aspiration Plants treasures, I came across another word that I had never seen before.

        Propinquity.

        What a cute word! Propinquity!
        I haven't looked it up, but I gather from the context that it means something like proximity.

        Here is the poem with the word propinquity, as well as a few other jewels that I found, all from volume 207.

        Enjoy!

        As the illumining soul
        and the aspiring heart
        enjoy their close propinquity,