Twenty Seven Aspiration Plants

  • purnakama2000
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2012
      Like Brahmata, I have been away from the site for awhile but this evening I gave myself a chance to catch up, and realised how much I missed it.
      Note to self. Always keep up with the posts. There is so much beauty, and so much to be learned.

      For my reading this month I seem to be reaquainting myself with one of Guru's monumental works of poetry, Twenty Seven Thousand Aspiration Plants.
      Each poem is a treasure, and I find within this body of work such hopefulness and encouragement. I feel joyful and ready to look at life with a new and positive light.

      So here are three that I chose that inspired me this evening.

      A purity thought
      is the ecstasy of sweetness.

      101
      Each aspiring life
      is a Dream-Wave
      of the Lord Supreme,
      which will eventually break upon the Blue-Gold Shore
      of God's Vision Transformed Reality.

      - Sri Chinmoy

      200
      My Supreme Lord
      has placed His Eternity's Lamp
      right before me.
      Placing the Lamp inside the depth of my heart,
      I shall illumine my inner life.
      Carrying the lamp along with me,
      I shall guide my outer life.

      - Sri Chinmoy

      (all poems unofficial)

      Enjoy!

      Purnakama
    • kaushalyacasey
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 3, 2012
        What powerful images! I can just see that lamp from the Supreme. I have also been enjoying Aspiration Plants, and wishing I had a miracle way of spreading them through the universe to share the joy! Thanks
      • purnakama2000
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 20, 2012
          I am always happily surprised when I come across a word in Guru's writings that I have to look up because I haven't ever seen it before. Guru's command of the english language was truly remarkable.

          My favorite word in this category is "welkin" which I found out means sky.

          "The star vast welkin hugs my spirit's peace."

          This is my absolute favorite line of poetry ever.

          As I was reading more of Guru's Aspiration Plants treasures, I came across another word that I had never seen before.

          Propinquity.

          What a cute word! Propinquity!
          I haven't looked it up, but I gather from the context that it means something like proximity.

          Here is the poem with the word propinquity, as well as a few other jewels that I found, all from volume 207.

          Enjoy!

          As the illumining soul
          and the aspiring heart
          enjoy their close propinquity,