Spiritual music

  • francesco_murianni
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 30, 2012
      This August i have listen for the first time the wonderful kirtan
      of Krishna Das,before i have only knew his name but i never heard nothing played by him.
      He came to the Aspiration Ground and sang with us some kirtan.

      Back home i start to download his music and listen to it a lot during the day,
      and i find myself to sing Hare Krishna Hare Rama all day.
      Music is a great way to be inspired, there are many mantras kirtan and other spiritual music and songs that can help us to be be inspired.

      Searching for this kind of music i found this great Pakistan musician:
      Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, he is singing the typical music of the Sufis, called qawwali.

      He said: When I sing for God, I feel myself in accord with God, and the house of God, Mecca, is right in front of me. And I worship. When I sing for Mohammed, peace be upon him, our prophet, I feel like I am sitting right next to his tomb, Medina, and paying him respect and admitting to myself that I accept his message

      I just want to share it and hope to inspire,
      for me is so beautiful to sing and listen God's Name all day in every way!

      Francesco
    • doris.cott
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 5, 2012
        A warm welcome to this site, Francesco!!!

        It is so true that spiritual music can give inspiration to bring out our hearts. My all time favourite song by Krishna Das is Mere Gurudev that quickly became an earworm. The lyrics speak of deep sincerity, so in the evening I asked myself what was wrong with me as one can see and feel Krishna Das love for his master. I marvelled, "I wish I had such devotional feelings towards my own master whose path I am following for 22 years...

        I switched to some clips of Sri Chinmoy and found one really beautiful video - An Orphan Boy. Though we can never compare different paths I felt homey immediately; the Light, the purity...

        I cannot say my path is better than any other path but it is the best for me. I can only be grateful to the person who uploaded the video. Thanks!!!

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9PkqjRrfvg

        -Doris

        P.S. I will check out the Sufi musician later...thanks again.