Recollections on Sri Chinmoy: Miracles

  • mahiruha_27
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 20 3:20 PM
      Many years ago, before I became a member of the Sri Chinmoy Centre, I used to go swimming at my college pool. Sometimes I would see an old woman there who would do stretching exercises at the shallow end of the pool and from time to time we would have discussions.

      She confided in me that she had been diagnosed with terminal brain cancer in the early nineties; the doctors had given up all hope. Soon after that, she saw a flyer for a meditation workshop given by students of Sri Chinmoy. As she was depressed and despondent she decided that she may as well use her remaining time wisely, so she went to the seminar to learn to meditate. She told me that as she looked at Sri Chinmoy's Transcendental photograph, that tears of joy welled up and streamed down her face; she felt absolutely bathed in divine love and light and reassurance. Two weeks after she attended the class, she went for a routine check up. The doctors returned with the test results looking baffled. They told her that her tumor had stopped growing, completely. It had not disappeared, but it was no longer malignant. They simply could not understand it. They told her that they felt she would be fine. That was many years ago, and last time I spoke with her, she confirmed that the cancer has never returned.

      She told me that since that time she meditates for half an hour every morning and offers her deepest gratitude to the Power that so kindly granted her a life-extension.

      --Mahiruha
    • purnakama2000
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2012
        Very uplifting story Mahiruha! And your others have been as well.
        I am up to my ears at the moment with school work; planning and assessments, and this story took me out of the dry mind back to the heart, where we all surely belong.

        Purnakama