Sundara Hate Sundara Tumi

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 14 8:53 AM
      Hi!

      I remember a Latin American writer describing the artistic process of creation in two ways...one was that art imitates God, because God is the Creator, so we when we are creative, we are being like our Father...!

      Another way he described the process is like a bear has jumped on your back and won't let go....meaning when an artistic idea or impulse comes, it won't let you go until you take it to a certain level of expression. I find this to be true in my case.

      Lately two or three of Sri Chinmoy's songs have come to me for expression....again, when I make an arrangement of Sri Chinmoy's music, it is not a literal rendition of the score, but an interpretation of the song as it is felt by my being.

      I miss Sri Chinmoy greatly....I cannot describe what I miss of him....everything! His inner beauty, the delight he radiated, his compassion, his smiles.

      Sometimes the line between dream and reality is so thin! I am reminded of a parable by Sri Ramakrishna....

      THE PROLONGED DREAM THAT WE CALL LIFE

      THERE was a farmer who lived in the countryside. He was a real jnani. He earned his living by farming, He was married, and after many years a son was born to him, whom he named Haru.

      The parents loved the boy dearly. This was natural, since he was the one precious gem of the family. On account of his religious nature the farmer was loved by the villagers. One day he was working in the field when a neighbour came and told him that Haru had an attack of cholera.

      The farmer at once returned home and arranged for treatment for the boy. But Haru died. The other members of the family were grief-stricken, but the farmer acted as if nothing had happened. He consoled his family and told them that grieving was futile. Then he went back to his field.

      On returning home he found his wife weeping even more bitterly. She said to him: "How heartless you are! You haven't shed one tear for the child." The farmer replied quietly: "Shall I tell you why I haven't wept? I had a very vivid dream last night. I dreamt I had become a king; I was the father of eight sons and was very happy with them. Then I woke up. Now I am greatly perplexed. Should I weep for those eight sons or for this one Hani?"

      The farmer was a jnani; therefore he realized that the waking state is as unreal as the dream state.
      There is only one eternal substance, and that is the Atman.

      Sometimes I wake up and remember things that happen in my "dreams"....I am walking around the neighborhood and I see some disciples. I go to them and ask them, "Have you seen Guru lately? How come he has not called me to see him?

      It is so real, when it is happening I do not realize I am dreaming....only in my waking state I have vague recollections of these experiences.

      If I remember correctly the word "Sri" means beautiful, like a jewel.
      Sri Chinmoy shone with the beauty of his inner being. We all have this inside of us, but a Spiritual Master has flooded his consciousness with the beauty of the inner Light.

      Going back to the music, one of the songs that has knocked at my heart's door recently is Sundara Hate....

      Sundara hate sundara tumi
      Nandana bana majhe
      Nishidin jena antare mor
      Tomari murati raje
      Tumi chhara mor nayan andhar
      Sakali mithya sakali asar
      Chaudike mor bishwa bhubane
      Bedanar sur baje
      Pabo kigo dekha nimesher tare
      Ei jibaner majhe

      Translation

      You are beautiful, more beautiful,
      most beautiful,
      Beauty unparalleled in the garden of Eden.
      Day and night may Thy Image abide
      in the very depths of my heart.
      Without You my eyes have no vision;
      Everything is an illusion, everything is barren.
      All around me, within and without,
      The melody of tenebrous pangs I hear.
      My world is filled with excruciating pangs.
      O Lord, O my beautiful Lord,
      O my Lord of Beauty, in this lifetime,
      even for a fleeting second,
      May I be blessed with the boon to see Thy Face.

      (Translation by Sri Chinmoy)
      http://tinyurl.com/8vps2de

      Indeed, without my Master, my world is filled with excruciating pangs...

      So here is the link to download the arrangement, which I hope to perform with Hridananda in the future, but I can't wait that long, and want to share it with you all right now. I have made a few recordings of it; this is the best one, done a few hours ago. Enjoy!

      http://www.sendspace.com/file/lwdpeu

      (Note- when you clik on this link and go to the download page, click only on the link at the bottom of the page, the one that says "Click here to start download from sendspace"...the other buttons are all ads!

      with gratitude, Kamalakanta
    • sri_chinmoy_inspiration
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 17 1:12 PM
        [Posted on behalf of Francesco.

        Note: Please do not reply to messages by email. They will not be published, but end up in an inbox very rarely checked.

        Instructions are here: http://www.srichinmoyinspiration.com/content/joining-sri-chinmoy-inspiration-group%5d

        Thank You Kamalakanta
        for your inspiring words, and for the soulful music.
        Francesco....San Francesco.
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 17 4:35 PM
          Thanks, Francesco!

          Will keep posting more....it has been flowing well lately....

          with gratitude, Kamalakanta