Recollections on Sri Chinmoy: Customers at Oneness-Fountain-Heart

  • mahiruha_27
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 7, 2012
      I think I could write thirty books culled from my friends and customers at Oneness-Fountain-Heart!

      One story sticks out in my mind. One Sunday, a meditation group from Rhode Island drove down just to enjoy our Sunday brunch. The leader of the group was just a teenager! Some of the members were in their fifties and sixties. I don't know how she got so many people to meditate with her every week.

      Anyway, after they had finished their meal, one of the middle-aged customers beckoned me over. He took out his wallet and he fished out a photograph of himself standing next to Sri Chinmoy by a track in the early eighties. He explained that he had run in a particular half marathon sponsored by the Centre, and afterwards had asked if he might have his picture taken with the Master. Guru agreed.

      Guru was so skinny! And he was wearing a bright, red, white and blue track suit. He was smiling from ear to ear, giving a most beautiful and powerful smile.

      The man told me that the picture had been taken around 1982, and that he has treasured it ever since.

      --Mahiruha
    • tejvan_13
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 10, 2012
        A while back, I got a short note from someone. I won't mention their name - because it doesn't matter - this could have come from so many different people.

        "...And as a silent fan of Inspiration Group, I just want to add a small plea. Do somehow persuade Mahiruha to put all of his recollections about life with the Master into a book... "

        Of course, I agree 100%.

        ~

        Tejvan
      • suchana27
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 18, 2012
          Dear Mahiruha,
          It would be so nice and inspiring to get so many books written by you !
          Thank you so much for your heart-memories!
          Suchana