Purushottama, Krsna Das and others

  • doris.cott
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 6, 2012
      It was so nice to see and hear Purushottama singing on Aspiration-Ground again. He and his wife have really become spiritual family members. But it was an absolutely surprise to hear Krsna Das being annonced by the MC. I knew him from a concert he gave in Zurich some years ago. It was such joy to sing for thirty minutes soulful mantras along with him again. It was an even greater joy when Purushottama invited him to sing a song together with him. I think this happening was something unique. Spontaneously Purushottama chose the legendary Bob Dylan song Knockin On Heaven's Door. I couldn't help but think immediately of Joan Baez who was a very, very good friend of Bob. If I remember correctly he recited one of Guru's poems on radio some years back.

      I do not know who in the Sri Chinmoy centre has such good connections to world famous musicians, perhaps Purushottama himself invited Krsna Das. Last month I watched an inspiring documentation about Joan Baez on youtube. Wouldn't it be nice to have her with us on Aspiration-Ground or elsewhere? And saying this what about Joan Armatrading?

      Happy day
      -Doris
    • jadranka11
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 8, 2012
        [Jadranka, please read instructions on how to hide email address here:
        http://www.srichinmoyinspiration.com/content/joining-sri-chinmoy-inspiration-group%5d

        Hi Doris,

        I've heard about the event, and it may be Premik and some local boys behind these kind of happenings. Anyway, it is great that they connect among themselves and play together on behalf of Gurus music and philosophy.

        All the best,

        Jadranka
      • abanna27
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 8, 2012
          Actually, on Guru's birthday, after the rain, while Purushottama was preparing to perform again, Sahadeva explained to us all that Purushottama had met Krishna Das in the UK some months before and they had become friends. Purushottama had said to Krishna Das, wouldn't it be great if they could play kirtans together at Aspiration-Ground one day. Four or six months later, there they were, sooner than either could have anticipated. (Maybe others who heard Sahadeva can jump if I have remembered anything incorrectly.)

          Abanna