O Make My Mind Tranquil And Calm

  • doris.cott
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3, 2012
      I think it is up to us visitors to thank our local fellow students for their marvellous hospitality. I arrived late (and only miraculously) due to problems with an ESTA formality. I spare you the details.

      Aspiration-Ground was nestled in warm tranquility and flower fragrance. All the disciples seemed to be in Manhattan at the closing ceremony of the World Harmony Run. Tired but happy I dragged my suitcase down the driveway and went to the "housing" where I was warmly welcomed by familiar faces. The place where I stayed was a bit far away from Aspiration-Ground but close to Guru's house. For whatever reasons I was not able to attend all the morning and evening functions scheduled. But I managed to stay near Guru's house, walk around and remember his footsteps.

      150th Street was very familiar to me through Guru's writings in his book series "Run And Become, Become And Run". I so much enjoyed walking there trying to visualise Guru. When I came near Agni Press, the place where most of the precious books have been printed, I was in awe with the golden letters above the unfortunately shabby looking door. One could really breathe in spiritual history.

      I regret I missed so many soulful performances but I felt Guru was placing gift after gift into my heart for me to unwrap at home. One of those gifts is the following song. It is so beautifully arranged, consoling and compansating.

      O Make My Mind Tranquil And Calm, Track 16
      http://www.radiosrichinmoy.org/8149/meditation-mantras-ananda/

      My heartfelt thank-you to the music group Ananda.