Recollections on Sri Chinmoy: Seekers' experiences with Guru

  • mahiruha_27
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2012
      Recollections on Sri Chinmoy: Seekers experiences with Guru

      (My friends, this story is one hundred percent *unofficial*- I heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend. As I have heard this story confirmed many times, however, I am taking the liberty of retelling it in my own words. Hopefully the official version will be released someday.)

      In 2002, Sri Chinmoy went to Australia for his annual spiritual retreat with a small group of disciples. While he was in the Gold Coast (I think!), he happened to go to a certain barber shop to get his head shaved. The hair stylist stopped in the middle of the job, put down her razor and shook her head.

      "I am seeing a woman. Who is this woman I am seeing?" she asked Guru.

      Guru looked at her, puzzled. Then, almost on a whim, he pulled out the picture of Mother Kali that he always carried in his wallet.

      "Is this the woman you are seeing?" he asked her.

      She looked at the image.

      "Yes, yes, yes!" she replied.

      That night Guru told his disciples this story and said that this hairstylist has a special connection with Mother Kali.

      Can you imagine!

      --Mahiruha