Celebrations

  • doris.cott
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 18 8:15 AM
      I wish everybody who will not be able to attend the annual August Celebrations in honor of Sri Chinmoy's birth anniversary in New York, a very happy and blessed time.

      I know from past experiences that during these celebrations extra Grace descends from above. One may not be aware of it but the sky seems to be bluer, the wind softer, the inner peace an unconditional gift. There is a sense of serenity in the air. I believe that not only the whole earth planet is celebrating the 27th of August, but the whole universe.

      When is God's Birthday?

      God observes His Birthday in the heart of the seeker only when He sees that the seeker is crying most sincerely for his or her perfect perfection in life.

      http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/0999/1/1/index.html

      * * *

      Doris
    • tejvan_13
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 23, 2015

        Celebrations 2015

        This April was Sri Chinmoy’s 51st anniversary since coming to the West in 1964, I was fortunate to spend 10 days in New York for these celebrations

        The most memorable experience was perhaps the meditation on April 13th. For quite a few hours I felt a precious spiritual consciousness that was revitalising and memorable. It was either meditation or perhaps just the good fortune to be able to sit in Aspiration-Ground. Like most spiritual experience, it felt like a special grace, not any personal effort. Back home in England, it feels quite distant, but I’m trying to invoke a little of that feeling in my own meditations, and making a conscious effort to appreciate this tiny glimpse of the Higher Worlds.

        For me one of the most striking things about celebrations is how quickly you can drop certain bad habits, and find it much easier to enter the flow of spiritual energy. For a day or two, some old thought patterns linger on, but as you immerse yourself more in activities and the energy of celebrations, many worldly and negative thought patterns evaporate, and you have a much greater taste for the spiritual life. Sri Ramakrishna aptly stated the human mind is like blotting paper. It absorbs the surroundings it is in. No wonder all the Masters adviser seekers to spend time with fellow spiritual seekers. Going to and from celebrations is always a cautionary tale of how much the mind can be influenced by our surrounding environment.

        I was able to buy quite a few precious items in New York. Not least a CD with seven original Everest Aspiration talks. I’ve only listened to one so far, but I love the CD cover and just the knowledge that there are original talks to listen to. In new books, there are also many very interesting stories and anecdotes about Sri Chinmoy’s experiences in India and America.

        ~

        Tejvan