The Miracle Of The Golden Disk

  • doris.cott
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 26 9:26 AM
      When something special is going to happen in my life, I sometimes become a little frantic. Just imagine a little child impatiently hopping for an air-balloon to catch. Like Sri Chinmoy once said, it becomes the child's whole world...

      The first time this happened to me was when I joined Sri Chinmoy's path in 1990. I was so delighted about this new perspective in my life that I wanted to tell the whole world about the existence of an Avatar Master on this earth. Soon I had to realize, that the world around me was not interested in the spiritual life let alone in a spiritual Master. On the contrary, I had to be careful not to be called a fanatic. Soon I gave up talking about my new life at all.

      It was in 1993 when one day I discovered a very special picture of Michael Gorbachew in a news paper. I immediately contacted the desk and asked for a copy. I got one, a very beautiful black and white picture of Michael Gorbachew folding his hands. I was so overjoyed when I handed it to Kailash but it was like a cold shower when he just said, "So what do you have". I felt like a child that had just caught a balloon but missed to see that the world was a little bigger than just that of a beautiful picture.

      I have not become much wiser but I practised restraint in cases where my childlike enthusiasm seems not be appropriate. But there is a part inside me that can't keep silent for long.

      And here is the story:

      I don't know when it happened but the second last time I visited Pujaloy about a month ago, I noticed a golden disk on the forehead of Sri Chinmoy's transcendental picture. I closed my eyes, opened them, looked to the left, looked to the right - the golden disk was still visible. Later I asked some people whether they too had seen it. They confirmed they had seen it, but nobody went into any discussion about it. Last Sunday we went again to Heidelberg. I had forgotten about the golden disk, but once I sat down and concentrated on the meditation picture, there it was and it began growing into a golden ball that quickly filled the whole forehead like golden dust swirling in gentle rays around expending and filling the hall with white light encompassing all. It seemed that the golden dust was infolded by an almost invisible glass dome.

      I can't help but call it a miracle!!! The golden disk has manifested on the forehead of the transcendental picture. One does not have to be an expert in concentration, once you look at it, it begins radiating.

      -Doris
    • louisanaturelle
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 27 4:46 AM
        Doris,it is so beautiful! Thank you for this inspiration!
        Luiza
      • doris.cott
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 6, 2012
          Dear Luiza, thank you for your kind reply. It was, indeed, a beautiful experience, but I will never be able to really convey it by trying to write about it.