Re: OT Some musical discoveries

  • mahiruha_27
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 24, 2012
      Dear Priyadarshan,

      I am also a shameless lover of Verdi's Requiem. It's really fantastic. I have a version where Leontyne Price sings the soprano. What a marvellous voice.

      I have Sri Chinmoy's Heart-Power-Victory tape, an organ performance, recorded in Australia. It is remarkable. I listen to it often.

      Thank you for your constant inspiration, too, Priyadarshan. I especially like your newest book, "The Tuscan Guide to Scones."

      --Mahiruha
    • mahiruha_27
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 24, 2012
        Purnakama,

        I will look for the version of the Vespers with Emma Kirby- thank you for this recommendation. Do you remember the name of the conductor?

        I always like reading your reminescences of your college music days. You write about music with such passion and immediacy.

        --Mahiruha