Re: Sweet Violin Was: Pentacost Mini Celebrations in Mondsee, Austria

  • doris.cott
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 14, 2012
      Dear Suchana, I really enjoyed the happy smiles, especially those of a young boy in the orchestra. There are plenty of talented kids and other people out there in the world. I am glad only rarely do I get lost watching some of the videos on the internet.

      Three videos though are still sticking in my mind:
      Susan Boyle in Britains Got Talent with singing "I Dreamed A Dream"
      Homeless Boy Steals The Talent Show
      North Korean Girl Guitarrist, still in Kindergarten

      We are fortunate to have Dundubhi in our centre in Zurich. She plays the violin perfectly - soulfully and sweetly. I so much love it. I was told that Guru once made a comment on her violin playing. He said (paraphrasing) that her soul would dance on the strings while she is playing. What a talent!

      You can listen to some CDs here:
      http://www.radiosrichinmoy.org/7457/i-fly-in-the-heart-sky-mountain-silence-4/
      I especially like track 5.

      See you soon? I hope so! :-)

      Doris
    • suchana27
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 24, 2012
        Hello dear Doris!

        I do remember how beautifully sang Susan Boyle last year or the year before just because she became very famous overnight. But unlike you, I have no time to watch videos on the internet so often and not even know whether she is still singing.

        I like your story about Guru´s comment on Dundubhi´s performances. I just feel so much oneness and peace each time I can see her playing on her violins; how happy we would be just to see her soul dancing on the strings as Guru did! Maybe the soul-fragrance plays an important role in the Master´s words as well.

        Today as I was working on a short translation as I was listening to some poetry recited by Guru himself in www.radiosrichinmoy.org
        I could feel it like a chanting, the eternal chanting of a roaring lion and a sweet bird at once. Sometimes his voice embodies hundred voices in only one voice; this is something unique and full of powerful hope for a no native English speaking listener like me. How lucky we are to enjoy those living recordings every day!

        Happiest days! :-)
        Suchana
      • doris.cott
        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 26, 2012
          So nice you know Susan. I very much like her personality.

          I am very impressed about your ability to hear a hundred voices in Guru's singing. In an interview Guru once said, indeed, that a particular, famous musician once noticed exactly what you feel. That is really something.

          In oneness
          Doris
        • louisanaturelle
          Message 4 of 14 , Jun 26, 2012
            Dear all,
            Is there any site from where I could download Bartika's jazz group performances?
            Thank you with all my heart.
            Luiza
            Message 5 of 14 , Jun 28, 2012
              Hi!

              The site is Radio Sri Chinmoy.

              Here is the address, and two links to performances by Bartika's Jazz Group.

              In the Radio Sri Chinmoy site, you will find many performances by Sri Chinmoy or by his students. You can download them for free.

              enjoy!

              Kamalakanta

              http://www.radiosrichinmoy.org/

              http://www.radiosrichinmoy.org/6583/bartika-jazz-group-augsburg-june-2011/