Re: Pentacost Mini Celebrations in Mondsee, Austria

  • doris.cott
    Message 1 of 14 , May 31, 2012
      *Thank you*, dear Priyadarshan. Your English is excellent and you are a trustworthy person, so I humbly accept your encouragement. A book? Hm...I am not quite an initiative person, (perhaps an East German legacy), but if I do try, things often nicely go wrong. I may not have the patience. :-)

      Let's see...

      I forgot to mention two noteworthy things in the Joy Day report: A phone call from or to Australia, where disciples there also had a Joy Day either in Sydney or Melbourne, I couldn't figure out properly. We sang for them and they sang for us. The hall was shaking with prolonged applause. I cannot imagine there was any serious face in the audience.

      The next afternoon during service there was also a meditative concert with Agnicana's group in a magnificant basilica. It was mostly filled with disciples who attentively listened to the soulful music and also to the heartfelt words of the priests who spoke alternating in German and English.

      * * *
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 1, 2012
        Doris, thank you for such a wonderful story. I enjoyed every word of it!

        Kamalakanta
      • doris.cott
        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 2, 2012
          Thank you so much, Kamalakanta, I am quite sure any prolonged applause would have been applied to you as well.

          Doris
        • suchana27
          Message 4 of 14 , Jun 3, 2012
            Dear Doris,

            I try to be one of your faithful readers though I may not be posting so often now.

            Your lovely report reminds me some few similar funny experiences -going quickly to the sleep world while I was trying to finish 47 Miles on August 27 many years ago!

            I am very grateful to you for your heartful sharing of such a significant meeting in Austria which I enjoy a lot!

            Please, keep on posting! :-)
            In oneness,
            Suchana
          • doris.cott
            Message 5 of 14 , Jun 4, 2012
              Dearest Suchana, as if I wouldn't know about all your activities and responsibilities...but there are people, indeed, who would easily bring this site to live again. ;-)

              Your 47 mile race experience reminds me of a poem I read some days ago:

              2045 God Compassionately Asks

              God compassionately asks me,
              "Will you be available?"
              He never asks me,
              "Will you be able?"

              -Sri Chinmoy
              http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/0453/45

              * * *
            • suchana27
              Message 6 of 14 , Jun 10, 2012
                Dear Sweet Doris,your kind encouragement is bringing me back to this marvellous spiritual forum with a new secret about activities and reponsabilities:-) : in my "free-rush-time" I have been watching some people around and noticed that many youngers have a new companion -the violin!

                There are times when I can see young groups of musicians going here and there with their smiling faces. Something I haven´t seen for ages! And It sounds so good!!

                If you have a chance to watch some videos, I invite you to see this site: www.iguazuenconcierto.com Here several talented orchestras and choirs with children from different parts of the world offer an unforgettable musical experience just a hundred meters away from the magnificent Iguacu Falls in May every year.

                I remember that Guru said how difficult it is to play the violin beautifully -something that he could finally achieve! Some of His violin-writings are funny -stories about Einstein for example I love!- but I prefer to choose this one now:

                "Your thunder-vital will never be able
                To conquer the heart of the world.
                It is your sweet violin-heart
                That will conquer-
                In fact, has already conquered-
                The heart of the world."

                Sri Chinmoy
                in www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/0551/56

                Seeing you soon in this wonderful world,
                Suchana
              • doris.cott
                Message 7 of 14 , Jun 14, 2012
                  Dear Suchana, I really enjoyed the happy smiles, especially those of a young boy in the orchestra. There are plenty of talented kids and other people out there in the world. I am glad only rarely do I get lost watching some of the videos on the internet.

                  Three videos though are still sticking in my mind:
                  Susan Boyle in Britains Got Talent with singing "I Dreamed A Dream"
                  Homeless Boy Steals The Talent Show
                  North Korean Girl Guitarrist, still in Kindergarten

                  We are fortunate to have Dundubhi in our centre in Zurich. She plays the violin perfectly - soulfully and sweetly. I so much love it. I was told that Guru once made a comment on her violin playing. He said (paraphrasing) that her soul would dance on the strings while she is playing. What a talent!

                  You can listen to some CDs here:
                  http://www.radiosrichinmoy.org/7457/i-fly-in-the-heart-sky-mountain-silence-4/
                  I especially like track 5.

                  See you soon? I hope so! :-)

                  Doris
                • suchana27
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jun 24, 2012
                    Hello dear Doris!

                    I do remember how beautifully sang Susan Boyle last year or the year before just because she became very famous overnight. But unlike you, I have no time to watch videos on the internet so often and not even know whether she is still singing.

                    I like your story about Guru´s comment on Dundubhi´s performances. I just feel so much oneness and peace each time I can see her playing on her violins; how happy we would be just to see her soul dancing on the strings as Guru did! Maybe the soul-fragrance plays an important role in the Master´s words as well.

                    Today as I was working on a short translation as I was listening to some poetry recited by Guru himself in www.radiosrichinmoy.org
                    I could feel it like a chanting, the eternal chanting of a roaring lion and a sweet bird at once. Sometimes his voice embodies hundred voices in only one voice; this is something unique and full of powerful hope for a no native English speaking listener like me. How lucky we are to enjoy those living recordings every day!

                    Happiest days! :-)
                    Suchana
                  • doris.cott
                    Message 9 of 14 , Jun 26, 2012
                      So nice you know Susan. I very much like her personality.

                      I am very impressed about your ability to hear a hundred voices in Guru's singing. In an interview Guru once said, indeed, that a particular, famous musician once noticed exactly what you feel. That is really something.

                      In oneness
                      Doris
                    • louisanaturelle
                      Message 10 of 14 , Jun 26, 2012
                        Dear all,
                        Is there any site from where I could download Bartika's jazz group performances?
                        Thank you with all my heart.
                        Luiza
                        Message 11 of 14 , Jun 28, 2012
                          Hi!

                          The site is Radio Sri Chinmoy.

                          Here is the address, and two links to performances by Bartika's Jazz Group.

                          In the Radio Sri Chinmoy site, you will find many performances by Sri Chinmoy or by his students. You can download them for free.

                          enjoy!

                          Kamalakanta

                          http://www.radiosrichinmoy.org/

                          http://www.radiosrichinmoy.org/6583/bartika-jazz-group-augsburg-june-2011/