Re: Sweetness In Childhood/Little House On The Prairie

  • purnakama2000
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2012
      Ah Doris how I remeber the Little House on the Prairie TV show! It really was sweet and innocent and pure. Before I watched the show however I absolutely devoured the books, several times over. There was something precious in the innocence and simplicity of the books that I loved.
      And here I am, living on the prairie, not too far from the places Laura Ingalls Wilder wrote about. I love the wide open prairie, with space as far as the eye can see.

      And yes I think you were right to watch these episodes. I loved Guru's answer about what to do if you grew up in a difficult family. Such compassion he has for all of us.

      I'm embarrassed to say that I am rather addicted to watching Merlin at the moment. It is also quite sweet, but with the eternal theme of good vs evil.

      If you have not yet read the Laura Ingalls Wilder books, I highly reccomend them!

      Purnakama
    • doris.cott
      Message 2 of 3 , May 5, 2012
        I am on my way, Purnakama! :-)

        I also reviewed your pictures from summer and winter on the prairie at the online gallery:

        http://gallery.srichinmoycentre.org/members/purnakama/

        Yes, I would like to read the books (and I will) but at the moment I am glad I overcame *my* addiction...