OT: The Decorah Eagles

  • abanna27
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2012
      OT: The Decorah Eagles

      I have been watching "the #1 most viewed live video of all time" – The Decorah Eagles. This live video shows 24/7 life in a bald eagle nest, 80' up in a cottonwood tree in northeastern Iowa.

      As I write this, a third egg hatched yesterday (3/31/12), and the mother is sitting on 3 very young fuzzy eaglets. She is such an inspiring model of patience and dedication! She seems to be completely selfless, sitting on the nest for hours and tending to the eaglets' needs as they arise. Periodically, Dad comes by with food. You can see a dead squirrel and a dead fish he left in the nest. When the eaglets get restless, Mom tears off little pieces of food and feeds them. After they eat, she snuggles them into a soft hollow in the nest, settles herself over them, tucks in dried grasses around the edges, and sits. And sits. And sits… Amazing.

      You can watch, too:
      http://www.ustream.tv/decoraheagles

      Abanna