Ashrita Furman News

  • richard.21de
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 13, 2012
    • suman kumar mandal
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 17, 2012
        Ashrita was in Nepali Press as well.

        Suman,
        Kathmandu
      • suman kumar mandal
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 17, 2012
          Ashrita was in Nepali Press too. Follow the link.

          http://nepalitimes.com.np/issue/2012/03/17/LifeTimes/19106%c2%a0

          Suman
          Kathmandu

        • suchana27
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 21, 2012
            Just received news from Ashirvad and Brazilian disciples that many people got lots of fun with his new record in the aquarium of Sao Paulo.

            He was invited to participate in several tv programmes. If you like a Portuguese-English version, here are some links:

            -http://www.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gX43Q8C_4Q

            -youtube.com/watch?v=BYPDY9nb3Bc

            -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_hUV3sJ_SE

            -http://www.sbt.com.br/jornalismo/noticias/?c=17341&t=Em+SP,+americano+pula+corda+embaixo+d%B4agua+em+busca+de+recorde

            It is very moving to see his record honoring Guru´s 76th Birthday with the longest pencil in 2007!

            Enjoy!
            Suchana
          • richard.21de
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 25, 2012
            • kedarvideo
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 26, 2012
                This video opened the program of last weekend's Joy-Day in Günzburg, Germany. 250 people not only enjoyed Ashrita's visit to Brazil and his successful TV appearances but all items presented this time by a young Czech disciple from Prague, Jana, who never saw Sri Chinmoy in the physical. Together with her friend Amaravati they inspired the audience with a joyful program and even organized 2 games with the participation of the whole audience. We saw many inspiring performances by musical and singing groups, videos and slideshows of Sri Chinmoy, the Harmony Run and a recent Jharna-Kala art exhibition in Augsburg, Germany. We also celebrated and remembered the big first Peace Concert of Sri Chinmoy in Cologne, that took place exactly 28 years ago. Btw a historical video of the concert was discovered and will be presented as a DVD in August this year. Last but not least we had a visit of our dear brother Sishir from Canada who came to Europe to be with his German friends at the Joy-Day and afterwards continued on to Berlin, where he currently gives a 5-day workshop. So if you once want to get real inspiration in between the Celebrations and the Christmas Trip, fly over to Europe, attend a Joy-Day and visit Pujaloy!

                Kedar
              • doris.cott
                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 28, 2012
                  Thank you, Kedar, I may mention the video of Guru running the Toledo Marathon. It was an extraordinary performance. In my mind I still see Guru running followed by a group of runners cheering him and singing songs, keeping up the speed with him. For me it will always remain hard to comprehend how a spiritual Master of Guru's calibre was able to run at all. But he ran under 4 hours, exactly 3:55:07! I wish I had the capacity to write a poem about Guru's running. But words fail.