Gandharva Loka Orchestra on Radio Sri Chinmoy

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 17, 2012
      Hi everyone!

      We have just published a few selected performances by the Gandharva Loka Orchestra.

      Here are the soulful notes I wrote for this feature, and the link to it on Radio Sri Chinmoy.

      "Selected Performances from the Gandharva Loka Orchestra at "Songs of the Soul" concerts.

      Dear listeners, it is with great joy and pride that we offer you a a selection of performances by the Gandharva Loka Orchestra.

      The Gandharva Loka Orchestra is an international group of musicians and singers from more than 30 countries. This brilliant group is composed of students of Sri Chinmoy (1931-2007), the renowned spiritual teacher whose efforts at spreading peace, harmony and love through prayer and meditation, music, art, literature and selfless service to humanity earned him the accolades of luminaries such as Mother Theresa, Nelson Mandela and Mikhail Gorbachev, among others.

      In the field of music, Sri Chinmoy composed more than 20,000 devotional songs. The Gandharva Loka Orchestra performs choral and instrumental arrangements of Sri Chinmoy's songs. Since Sri Chinmoy's passing in 2007, the Gandharva Loka Orchestra has been performing around the world, sharing through music the inner peace, light and beauty of Sri Chinmoy's music.

      The "Songs of the Soul" concerts have been offered around the world since 2007, in an effort to honor Si Chinmoy's musical legacy, and the Gandharva Loka Orchestra has been featured in them, often to standing ovations.

      We hope that you enjoy this selection of performances by the Gandharva Loka Orchestra."

      - Kamalakanta Nieves

      Here is the link:

      http://www.radiosrichinmoy.org/6983/gandharva-loka-orchestra/

      enjoy!

      Kamalakanta
    • sri_chinmoy_inspiration
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 21, 2012
        [posted on behalf of Jadranka. Please see: instructions here: http://www.srichinmoyinspiration.com/content/joining-sri-chinmoy-inspiration-group on how to hide email address]

        --------

        Hi Kamalakanta,

        Please tell me how to register for Sri Chinmoy Radio, to be able to listen your
        posts, because the only option is "sing in". Thanks so much

        Jadranka
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 1, 2012
          Hi, Jadranka,

          I don´t think you have to "join" to listen to the posts on Radio Sri Chinmoy.

          There is a "play" button on every track. Just press play and enjoy!

          with gratitude, Kamalakanta