Re: OT Some thoughts on Verdi's "Aida"

  • priyadarshan44
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 31, 2012
      I envy you being at an opera for the first time.
      It can be such a revealing experience.
      Librettos can be real poetic masterpieces, too.
      I like very much some work by Metastasio.

      priyadarshan
    • mahiruha_27
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2012
        Thank you, Priyadarshan. I will look for Metastasio's works.

        And, by the way, I said that the plot of Aida was a little silly, but as an allegory about human limitation and destiny, it actually works quite well. But, once again, it is Verdi's music that's the main draw. It's the kind of music to inspire awe.

        Sincerely,

        Mahiruha