Re: Recitation for January 7

  • priyadarshan44
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 8, 2012
      Thank you for pointing out that book,
      "My Sweet Father-Lord, Where Are You?"
      (http://biblio.srichinmoy.org/msfl)

      It contains so many of the immortal prayers
      students of Sri Chinmoy learn by heart and recite daily.

      So beautiful.

      Just two examples among so many:

      "My Lord, my Lord, my Lord,
      How can I be a perfect instrument
      Of Yours?" [...]

      http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/1309/1/37

      And

      "My dear Supreme, my sweet Supreme,
      My Lord Supreme, my Beloved Supreme,
      My Absolute Master Supreme,
      May my mind thank You most sincerely
      For all the things that it has received from You." [...]

      http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/1309/1/28

      Thank you!

      priyadarshan
    • doris.cott
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 14, 2012
        There is a video with a collection of different New Year meditations that I watched on December 31, 2011/2012. I was very inspired by Guru repeating four times how much progress we would make by most soulfully reciting the poem "My dear Supreme, My sweet Supreme, My Lord Supreme..." I looked through my folder to find the prayer as the sound quality of the video was not that good, but found only a German version. I learned the prayer by heart many years ago and was able to remember it. I started repeating it every day trying to be *most soulfully*.

        Like Purnakama said you are a different person afterwards because by soulfully repeating the prayer you are able to dive deeper into its meaning. I am someone who has no good concentration power so this prayer helps me tremendously to focus. It is very beautiful, indeed!

        -Doris