The power of AUM

  • purnakama2000
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 22, 2011
      Today was a crazy day.

      Not a bad day, just overwhelming with details, rehearsals, deadlines, and tired students, as the Winter Concert at our school (which I am in charge of) is only 2 and a half weeks away.
      I had a few moments of "Oh my God how will we possibly get everything done in time?", then after some kind encouragement from a friend, I took a 2 minute AUM break in between my lunch hour rehearsal and my afternoon classes.

      Once all of the actors left my classroom, and I was sure I was alone, I chanted AUM very loudly and slowly about 20 times.

      Wow!

      Suddenly, incredible images of Christmas trips past began flooding my heart. I could see and feel the hotel lobbies, the function rooms, the incredibly high consciousness. I saw and felt things that I thought I had long forgotten.

      It made me realise that we have all of these precious memories stored within us. Every meditation, every glance from Guru, every feeling of sweetness, oneness, and beauty that he gave us.
      All of these things are stored like treasure inside our hearts. We need only call on them in times of need.

      We are never lost if we can remember these precious gifts that we have been given, and cherish every one.

      AUM

      Purnakama