Thailand Floods

  • doris.cott
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 13, 2011
      It's been a long time I know...

      People around me are always busy. There seems to be no time for a few kind words or thoughts. I too am busy but I feel a need for communication.

      Sometimes I would like to close my heart-door on daily news around the world because I am afraid it may collapse.

      But here is a video I found on you tube that melted my heart completely. Perhaps it was also the haunting melody of the erhu that made tears flowing freely again. We should never close our hearts.

      The sensitive pictures remind me of what our master has said on natural catastrophies. He spoke of the tragedies in life as an opportunity for us to come together and share more oneness with each other and with Mother Earth. Our earth is richer than the richest with natural resources but we take them for granted to the length of misusing and destroying them. Innocent people are often the victims.

      This calm video was uploaded by "taneung" on October 28, 2011 who is based in Bangkok. He writes:

      "The earth is a miracle. Life remains a mystery. The engine of life is linkage."

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xodLpw9megI&feature=related

      Buddham, charanam, gacchami...

      Doris

      Buddha was a king
    • purnakama2000
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 17, 2011
        Doris this was absolutely beautiful and touching.

        To see people smiling and even being playful during such a tragedy is testament to the power of the human spirit to overcome adversity.

        Thank you for sharing this with us.

        Purnakama