The United Nations Day

  • suchana27
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 24, 2011
      Sri Chinmoy wrote profusely on the source, vision, role and mission of the United Nations. Along 37 years he used to honour this universal organisation with lectures, interviews, seven minutes of silence for world-peace and the 2 Miles Race every year.

      Here we have a very simple and profound answer to a seekerĀ“s question:

      "How can we help to increase the speed of the United Nations?

      Sri Chinmoy: We can help to increase the speed of the United Nations by increasing the speed of our own inner speed. Our inner speed increases only when we have acquired a peaceful mind, a soulful heart and a fruitful life."

      Sri Chinmoy [unofficial]
      My Meditation-Service at the United Nations for 25 years. Agni Press, 1995
      in www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/1094/7/37

      Gratefully to the moderators and members of this international Inspiration Group,
      Suchana