Re: Tomorrow's God-Man

  • suchana27
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 2, 2011
      Doris Dearest,

      Oops! I still wonder how I didn´t realize about this misunderstanding myself knowing that "hope" is one of Guru´s titles for his Jharna-Kala!

      Again this topic on names recalls me an unconditional experience of self-transcendence given by Guru to many disciples -over 70 I guess- including myself at Madal Circus some years ago.
      I was called up and was told that Guru was trying to transcend his memory standard so that He would remember and say the names that parents had given us before getting our spiritual names.

      It was also such a funny experience as several disciples who were involved in other activities -food, music, band, acrobatics and so on- couldn´t understand what was going on when they were called to come closer. Guru´s physical Presence was always full of surprise!

      Guru was sitting there and we would past by and He would repeat our original names peacefully, powerfully and compassionately.Finally He succeded in each and every name!

      As you say, Doris, His love-light was so intense that I felt fully absorbed by that divine atmosphere; later this experience helped my mind to cultivate more all these divine attributes.

      Thank you for your encouragement!

      Suchana
      PS: It would be so nice to hear from your funny experiences in New York streets! :-)
    • doris.cott
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 4, 2011
        I love to hear stories like yours for hours...:- )

        I too remember:

        I had just arrived on the Christmas Trip and Guru was signing notebooks.

        Tired from the long flight and in a low consciousness I stood in line even expecting Guru to make a comment. I was afraid of being exposed but bravely walked slowly towards to where he was sitting in his chair in a hall filled with hundreds of disciples. He taught us that he was like a real father (which I didn't have so what do I know?) and that we should not be afraid of him so I tried to be faithful although I wished to disappear in some mouse hole.

        ...no exposure, but a flood of love-light uttering my ordinary name with sweetness inexpressible. It was more than enough to bring the soul powerfully to the fore.

        But to be very frank a similar experience I had just recently when I read the following lines:

        "God's strictness
        Is for the chosen few.

        God's compassion
        Is for all and sundry."

        -Sri Chinmoy

        * * *
      • suchana27
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 12, 2011
          Thank you, Doris, for this story!
          Me too, I´d like to spend hours on end hearing about Guru´s exchanges with people around the world. I always get much inspiration and insight from them.

          Only a Master of the highest calibre would be able to bring one´s soul to the fore just by uttering one´s name! This surpasses the so called earthly miracles, it is something far beyond which touches the very core of our inner Divinity and gets awaken in some way by Guru´s Powerful Love-Light.

          I went through this same experience the first time I entered the Aspiration-Ground many years ago, and, as far as I remember He would just say "hello" while He was playing tennis! And my soul would cover the entire being to say the least.

          Very grateful to learn that we are receiving God´s strictness and God´s Compassion in this lifetime, too!

          Joyful Days,
          Suchana
        • doris.cott
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 13, 2011
            I can't resist replying once more to you, dear Suchana. Thank you so much for speaking about the master. I wasn't brave enough to publicly tell my funny "New York Streets" story but you are inspiring me to retell *my* first experiences I had with the master in New York in 1992 much, much later than you had your first encounter with him.

            Two things I smilingly remember (I hope I didn't tell this already in an earlier post):

            I was terribly afraid of flying but some people can really make you overcome it...

            ...I entered Aspiration-Ground in a moment when Guru was walking around the court in high meditation and as chance would have it he soon walked towards to where I was crouching. Like an error a streak of light pierced my heart. The only thing I was able to do was trying to keep control over my emotional outburst.

            The fateful moment came when he invited all his students to take prasad. I felt I wasn't able to eat anything. Before I could make any decision I heard Guru say in a fatherly but quite commanding way, "Everybody please take prasad." So I went down where lots of Indian Sweets were placed on a big table. (In my defense I may tell you that I had never seen such sweets before). Knowing from Guru's writings that it was important not to take prasad at one's sweet will, meaning not to choose what I like or what not but to accept what was offered I took from each different sweet that was presented. Imagine the pile of sticky sweets in my hands. I am sure some disciples must have thought what kind of greedy person I must be. Somehow I managed to get back to my seat and bravely piece by piece disappeared in my mouth. It still makes me giggle but also feel a little bit embarrassed.

            The next day Irina Malikowa from the Gorbachev foundation came to visit Guru. He wanted to give her a present but she didn't know what it was - a Punjabi. Many people had left Aspiration-Ground to have lunch but I again was unable to leave and eat. It is indescribable for me how I felt in the master's presence. I just couldn't go.

            I was sitting quite far away from him but at one moment I felt his eyes becoming one with mine. I was wondering how this was possible over such a long distance? He knew perfectly well where I was sitting. Vasanti had to wave me down which confused me even more. Me, why? But like in a dream I went to where Guru was sitting: on a simple white chair against a white wall wearing a red dhoti. I stood in front of him and tried very hard to follow the conversation between him and Mrs. Malikowa. He was explaining to her what a punjabi was and some meditation techniques perhaps but I was flying in a world of beauty's light that seemed to emanate from him and totally engulfed my entire being.

            I don't know for how long I had been standing in front of him I only remember that Vasanti again had to make me leave as I didn't get anything what was going on. She was more aware of the outer happening...thank you Vasanti, in case you are reading.

            Suchana, you touched on a subject I have been pondering about recently - Miracles!

            You said:

            "Only a Master of the highest calibre would be able to bring one´s soul to the fore just by uttering one´s name! This surpasses the so called earthly miracles, it is something far beyond which touches the very core of our inner Divinity and gets awaken in some way by Guru´s Powerful Love-Light."

            Jesus openly performed miracles and perhaps some followed him because miracles deepened their faith. I have heard about so many Compassion-Miracles performed by our master but I never heard they abailable to a wider audience. There might be good reasons not to do that.

            Sri Chinmoy was an excellent athlete, a divine musician, artist, poet, composer and peace lover but did we ever mention the many outer miracles he performed? What do we really know about the inner miracles that he just called (paraphrasingly)"inner realities".

            So now my post went from humorous to serious. I am very sorry!

            Doris
          • suchana27
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 21, 2011
              This is my second answer to you, dear Doris, as the previous one was completely empty of words; such was my deep feeling at reading your amazing experience with the Master that I sent nothing in response to your posting!

              While reading once again your own words, Guru´s own voice saying, "Everybody please take Prasad" comes to my outer reality and becomes real to my ears. Is it a miracle? Absolutely yes, because it comes from the Master´s Infinite Love -the miracle of miracles- and his transcendental realisation.

              I think that the idea we can get from "miracles" is often related to the culture where we live in. Everyday people are asking for miracles -more physical and vital fleeting possessions- and expectation becomes their rule of life. This is what I tried to mean by speaking on the "so called earthly miracles". There are also more awakened people who offer their gratitude without asking anything in return. In my humble opinion, this is a more genuine miracle for they are serving a higher cause.

              Your own experience with Guru reminds me that mine is almost identical. Our Master Guru was able to gather so many aspiring souls like a most beautiful bunch of flowers and is able to water them at every moment! That proves a sense of his hard work in "the inner realities", I guess.

              Maybe Sri Chinmoy has compassionately offered thousand poems just to get to feel better that our inner realities have more powerful wealth than material things. As it has been better told by himself:

              "On earth
              There is only one miracle:
              A oneness-love-peace-heart."

              Sri Chinmoy [unofficial]
              Twenty-Seven Thousand Aspiration-Plants

              in www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/1042/85

              Leaving you with these words in harmony, oneness and joy
              Suchana
            • purnakama2000
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 20, 2011
                Hello Doris:)

                Somehow in my reading I missed this post, and I have to say I laughed out loud when I read this.
                I was imagining you stuffing sweet after sweet in your mouth slowing down with each one, having to force the last few bites. I love sweets, but with indian sweets I can only ever eat one, and sometimes I can't even finish a whole one as they are delicious, but tooth achingly sweet!

                I do not have any personal funny prasad stories, but my center leader (Shishir) once tripped on a Christmas trip while taking prasdad and went flying and landed on the strawberry shortcake. Apparently Guru found it quite amusing:)

                Purnakama