Longest Flower-Garland - Guinness World Record By Ashrita Furman
- August 27th, 2011 was the 80th anniversary of Sri Chinmoy's birthday.
To mark the occasion, Ashrita Furman and 170 members of the Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team created a new Guinness World Record for the world's largest garland of flowers.
See pictures, short video by Parimal and blog entry by Sumangali:
I wish I had been present at the event.
- One of my friends has recently sent me a series of Guru´s poems we are trying to translate in Spanish also. There is one poem which could perfectly fit with the spirit of this amazing event created by Ashrita and assistants:
¨My Beloved, I love You.
For You I have brought
A few beautiful flowers
That I have collected early in the morning.
I wish to adore You with these flowers.
Ah, You are smiling at me because You know
That these flowers actually belong to You.
I am decorating You with Your own gifts.¨
Sri Chinmoy (unofficial)
Thank you, Doris, for providing the links.
- Suchana, this is one of my favourite poems. I am sure many more are still to be found.
I had not seen another very nice and longer video by Kedar. You have to scroll down a bit.
P.S. Is there a way to contact you off-board?
- My video on the Longest Garland by Ashrita can be watched on srichinmoy.tv, on vimeo and on YouTube. Here is the link on sctv:
- I had the good fortune to have the opportunity to help with the Garland project, and I just wanted to add that it was the most joyful day I spent in a long time. So much fun, it was almost weird! Very grateful to have been part of it.
- Thank you again for your links, dear Doris!
I had completely forgotten this website and I would like to see all these videos one day!
Off-board just write my name at the usual account.