Longest Flower-Garland - Guinness World Record By Ashrita Furman

  • doris.cott
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 6, 2011
      August 27th, 2011 was the 80th anniversary of Sri Chinmoy's birthday.

      To mark the occasion, Ashrita Furman and 170 members of the Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team created a new Guinness World Record for the world's largest garland of flowers.

      See pictures, short video by Parimal and blog entry by Sumangali:

      http://www.srichinmoybio.co.uk/news/ashrita-furman/sri-chinmoys-80th-birthday/

      http://tinyurl.com/3t87v6v

      I wish I had been present at the event.

      Doris
    • suchana27
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 7, 2011
        One of my friends has recently sent me a series of Guru´s poems we are trying to translate in Spanish also. There is one poem which could perfectly fit with the spirit of this amazing event created by Ashrita and assistants:

        ¨My Beloved, I love You.
        For You I have brought
        A few beautiful flowers
        That I have collected early in the morning.
        I wish to adore You with these flowers.
        Ah, You are smiling at me because You know
        That these flowers actually belong to You.
        I am decorating You with Your own gifts.¨

        Sri Chinmoy (unofficial)

        Thank you, Doris, for providing the links.
        Suchana
      • doris.cott
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 9, 2011
          Suchana, this is one of my favourite poems. I am sure many more are still to be found.

          I had not seen another very nice and longer video by Kedar. You have to scroll down a bit.

          http://inspiringnews.wordpress.com/

          Doris

          P.S. Is there a way to contact you off-board?
        • kedarvideo
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 10, 2011
            My video on the Longest Garland by Ashrita can be watched on srichinmoy.tv, on vimeo and on YouTube. Here is the link on sctv:

            http://www.srichinmoy.tv/2766/ashritas-newest-guinness-record/

            Kedar
          • pavaka_cambrian
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 13, 2011
              I had the good fortune to have the opportunity to help with the Garland project, and I just wanted to add that it was the most joyful day I spent in a long time. So much fun, it was almost weird! Very grateful to have been part of it.

              Pavaka
            • suchana27
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 13, 2011
                Thank you again for your links, dear Doris!

                I had completely forgotten this website and I would like to see all these videos one day!

                Off-board just write my name at the usual account.

                In oneness,
                Suchana