The value of this site

  • mahiruha_27
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 5, 2011
      Dear All,

      I like this site because you people have given me so much inspiration! I mean, you've supplied me with tips on running, the health benefits of dark chocolate, the best vegan diet, how to deal with chronic fatigue, management books with heart, favorite funny books… I could go on.

      And why not? I mean, where else can you find an aggregate of such well-traveled, educated, intelligent people who have views on everything and can articulate them so well?

      So, I wish to encourage people who have taken breaks from posting to come out of retirement, to dazzle us with your creative gifts and outlandish culinary views. We miss you!

      And my deep gratitude to those of you who keep this site alive by posting regularly to it. You're really doing an extremely valuable service by presenting your experiences on this path in such a simple, wholehearted way.

      Sincerely,

      Mahiruha
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 7, 2011
        Hi, Mahiruha!

        I, for one, cannot resist genuine encouragement!

        So here:

        A few years ago I decided that what would inspire most on Sri Chinmoy's Path would be music...He always encouraged me to arrange his songs!

        So I would like to present you all with one of my favorite arrangements of the last few years..New Dawn.

        It combines 2 melodies: Bedana Diye Jagao Mama and Usha Bala Elo:

        Bedana diye Jagao mama hiya kamal
        Translation
        Through excruciating pangs, You awaken my lotus-heart.
        Songbooks
        Journey's Ecstasy    [song #126]

        Usha bala elo Dhire aji dhire Hridaya gabhire
        Translation
        Slowly, very slowly,
        The virgin dawn appears
        In the very depths of my aspiration-heart.
        Songbooks
        Journey's Goal, Part 10a    [song #2]

        Here is the download link:

        http://www.sendspace.com/file/fb8njc

        I hope you all enjoy it s much as I do...(a lot!)

        with gratitude, Kamalakanta