Re: 3100 Mile Race ends in a spectacular finish

  • arpan_deangelo
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 7, 2011
      Thank you Vasanti,
      And to all the fans of the 3100 mile race who were able to derive some inspiration and benefit from all the work that went into making the race more available to everyone. The runners did the hard work and some of us had an opportunity to manifest that further through blogs, photos, etc.

      Utpal's fantastic blogs were in depth views of all the runners and others involved in such a tremendous event and manifestation. Vasanti 'hit the nail on the head' so to speak, when she described my photos as well as others who posted galleries as a perfect complement to his coverage of the race.

      The purpose of my daily photo galleries was not only to give others a visual perspective of the race but also a subjective as well as objective interpretation and description of some of the day's highlights.

      The photos will be there all year and I am sure some of the runners themselves will finally get a chance to enjoy them as well. Alakananda made an amazing slideshow recently with all of our photos selected by her and put to nice music. I plan to make a slideshow as well. I am sure we will see these as well as video and news coverage of the race during Celebrations.

      It was a very exciting and dramatic race this year with incredible personal achievements for most of the runners. The unique characteristic of this race compared to other ultras is that it gives the spectators and supporters lots of time and opportunities to play a part in the race and identify with the experiences of the runners. It offers an opportunity for oneness and a sense of self-transcendence not only for the runners themselves but also for anyone who wishes to identify with the magnificent reality invoked and manifested here.

      Enough said for now except for one important thing. Even though it took many hours each day for me, for Utpal, Alakananda and many others to bring this race into 'your home', we feel nothing but gratitude for the opportunity to share this amazing event with as many people as we could.

      Thank you for your feedback and for all those who have enjoyed the 3100 mile website but cannot or have not responded in a verbal way. Your inner joy and satisfaction is all that is necessary to make it all worthwhile.

      Gratefully,
      Arpan