3100 Mile Race Poem dedicated to all this year's runners

  • arpan_deangelo
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 5 10:00 AM
      The following 'Journey to the Unknown' is a poem I wrote in 2002 and had as a birthday Prasad at Aspiration-Ground. Guru had me read it out and he seemed to really enjoy it. I gave it to all the runners on my birthday this year in July as well.

      It was really inspired by the race itself as I would go there daily to help the runners. Even now those of us who are lucky enough to witness this amazing creation of Guru's and those who are in touch with all the coverage and photos, etc. can bask in the power and glory of such a uniquely spiritual epic event.

      I ran the race two years after writing this and I must say I still feel the impact of such a difficult and rewarding achievement. All the runners who have ever finished or even attempted this race deserve special accolades as they inspire us all to dream of and try to reach our seemingly impossible goals.

      Journey to the Unknown

      A 3,100 mile orbit of concrete, automobiles and local humanity,
      Lightly spiced with a hint of nature
      And fed by the Grace of God,
      Supported with the efforts of friends
      Who sympathize with the pain,
      The Joys
      And the challenges
      Facing at every moment
      This handful of Hero-Warriors.

      Running, walking, struggling
      To the beat of their own
      Undying aspirations
      In this perpetually moving Epic adventure,
      These Ultimate Survivors
      Of obstacles unimaginable
      Are proving to humanity
      With their unparalleled perseverance,
      Adamantine wills
      And unswerving Faith,
      That the impossible can be done,
      And the Universal Energy
      Can be unleashed,
      To raise our standards
      And lift our minds
      Beyond the limits of our broken bodies
      And faithless thoughts,
      To reveal the Beauty and the Power
      Of life's long and arduous
      Journey to the Unknown.

      Arpan DeAngelo
    • suchana27
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 15 5:39 AM
        Dear Arpan,

        After reading your beautiful poem and seeing these inspiring photos, what else could I do but trying to run the 3100 Miles in the future :)

        Thank you for your high inspiration and writings!
        Happy Celebrations,
        Suchana