3100 Mile Race ends in a spectacular finish

  • arpan_deangelo
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 5, 2011
      Two people crossed the finish line today, Pradeep and Surasa, and Ananda-Lahari completed 2732 miles, in the 15th edition of the Self-Transcendence 3100 Mile Race in New York last night.

      It was an amazing last day of the race as all the other seven runners came to watch these final three runners finish today and last night as well. Over a hundred people stopped by to cheer them on and to witness a dramatic late night, candle-lit finish by the indomitable Surasa who became the first European woman to finish the race.

      Click on this link for my daily photo galleries of the finish and all the other days in the race since it began on June 12. Stories and blogs and daily updates can be seen on the 3100.ws race site as well.
      I am sure there will be more stories of this year's very powerful and difficult race which included days of heat over 40C or 104F. Many news stations covered the site for TV this year as well.

      Enjoy the photos and check out the race site for many hours of entertainment and inspiration.
      http://gallery.srichinmoyraces.org/3100/2011/arpan_2011/

      Gratefully,
      Arpan
    • vasanti_hd
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 6, 2011
        Thanks so much for foto-documenting the race and especially now Surasa`s finish in such a great and extensive way, Arpan - looking at the pics takes you right there! A perfect complement to Utpal`s blog.

        Gratitude
        Vasanti
      • abanna27
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 6, 2011
          Thank you, Arpan, for the incomparable moment-by-moment slide show of Surasa's dramatic late-night finish. Very moving and inspiring and we, her oneness-family, are inexpressibly proud of her.

          Abanna
        • arpan_deangelo
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 7, 2011
            Thank you Vasanti,
            And to all the fans of the 3100 mile race who were able to derive some inspiration and benefit from all the work that went into making the race more available to everyone. The runners did the hard work and some of us had an opportunity to manifest that further through blogs, photos, etc.

            Utpal's fantastic blogs were in depth views of all the runners and others involved in such a tremendous event and manifestation. Vasanti 'hit the nail on the head' so to speak, when she described my photos as well as others who posted galleries as a perfect complement to his coverage of the race.

            The purpose of my daily photo galleries was not only to give others a visual perspective of the race but also a subjective as well as objective interpretation and description of some of the day's highlights.

            The photos will be there all year and I am sure some of the runners themselves will finally get a chance to enjoy them as well. Alakananda made an amazing slideshow recently with all of our photos selected by her and put to nice music. I plan to make a slideshow as well. I am sure we will see these as well as video and news coverage of the race during Celebrations.

            It was a very exciting and dramatic race this year with incredible personal achievements for most of the runners. The unique characteristic of this race compared to other ultras is that it gives the spectators and supporters lots of time and opportunities to play a part in the race and identify with the experiences of the runners. It offers an opportunity for oneness and a sense of self-transcendence not only for the runners themselves but also for anyone who wishes to identify with the magnificent reality invoked and manifested here.

            Enough said for now except for one important thing. Even though it took many hours each day for me, for Utpal, Alakananda and many others to bring this race into 'your home', we feel nothing but gratitude for the opportunity to share this amazing event with as many people as we could.

            Thank you for your feedback and for all those who have enjoyed the 3100 mile website but cannot or have not responded in a verbal way. Your inner joy and satisfaction is all that is necessary to make it all worthwhile.

            Gratefully,
            Arpan