How To Integrate The Mind

  • doris.cott
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 26, 2011
      Yesterday I intended to ask a question about an expression in Guru's writings I don't really understand. But now that I have been reading further in the same book I am just moved by Guru's loving way to explain things, summarizing them and help the reader to stay focused. Inwardly I heard his voice and I saw him sitting in his chair. As a result I wrote a little poem. It's at the end of this posting.

      Here is an excerpt but it is worth reading the whole question/answer.

      "When the mother comes to the child, at that time the child—which is the mind—has to feel that the mother—the heart—has come with good intentions: to calm the mind, to free it, to fulfil it in a divine way. If the doubting and restless mind feels that the heart has come to bother it, and that its restlessness is something very good which it wants to keep, then it is lost. If the child is restless, doubtful, suspicious, and if he cherishes all these undivine qualities and feels they are his best qualities, then what can the poor mother do? The heart will have the good intention of transforming the mind's doubt into faith, and his other undivine qualities into divine qualities. But the mind has to be prepared; it has to feel that the heart has come with the idea of changing him for the better."

      http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/0144/2/5

      * * *

      "O my grandmother-soul,
      Please,