My Latest Mischief

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 18, 2011
      Hi!

      My latest mischief has been in memory of a great performance that the Hispanic disciples did at Aspiration-Ground a few years ago, maybe 2002 or so....

      We did an arrangement combining the songs Achhe Phul Phute and Bhikkha Magi Bhikkha. We had 3 percussionists, double bass, cello, keyboard, tablas and a girls' choir and boys' choir...the arrangement came out so well, Guru was tapping with his hands and feet, keeping tempo with us!

      This week, a series of chords came, and I wondered which of Guru's melodies would fit with it....after a few days I realized that these two songs would be the ones....the chords are in the same region as the previous arrangement, but instead of a keyboard sound, I use a soft strings sound.

      then, after recording one of the melodies, it became apparent that each of the two melodies could be done in a round! So out of 2 melodies, we have now 4 voices!

      Here is the translation for the two songs:

      Achhe Phul Phute

      In my heart-garden
      The flower has blossomed today.
      And I am placing it
      At the Feet of my Absolute Supreme.

      http://tinyurl.com/3sgz26g

      Bhikkha Magi Bhikkha

      O Lord Supreme,
      I implore Your alms divine.
      Do initiate me, my earth-bound life.
      O Lord Supreme,
      Do teach me my life's new lessons.
      O Lord Supreme,
      May my expectation-heart
      Meet with satisfaction-bliss.

      http://tinyurl.com/3jcslu8

      Here is the download link for the audio file for this arrangement.

      http://www.sendspace.com/file/e3kcao

      Note: When you go to the download page, choose "Regular Download". It is free.

      I hope you all enjoy this arrangement, my latest mischief....

      with gratitude,

      Kamalakanta
    • suchana27
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 21, 2011
        Please, Kamalakanta, keep on with at least one more mischief! I like your arrangement a lot with its pastoral atmosphere and mantric effects. It also sounds so pure and fresh, like the ever new dawn.

        Thank you!
        Suchana
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 28, 2011
          Hi, Suchana!

          Again, thanks for the encouragement! I added a nice, slightly jazzy acoustic bass to the arrangement. Now the only thing it needs is Sukhendu playing tablas, and maybe some percussion....

          Here is the link with the new version (mix 3c) with the acoustic bass...

          http://www.sendspace.com/file/sbs6qw

          with gratitude, Kamalakanta