On Father´s Day

  • suchana27
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 19, 2011
      ¨Father and Daughter¨ is the title of a booklet by Sri Chinmoy published for Celebrations many years ago. I love reading it from time to time. Today when Aspiration-Ground is full of prayerful souls and lovely flowers, let me share with you the first page:

      ¨The Dance of Life

      Are you a favourite daughter of God?
      Then you need nothing, absolutely nothing,
      Either from Heaven or from earth.

      Are you a favourite daughter of God?
      Then feel that your Lord
      Is not only within your soul-boat
      But also of your life-river.

      Are you a favourite daughter of God?
      If you think that your Father does everything for you,
      Then you are mistaken.
      If you feel that your Father will do everything for you,
      Then you are mistaken.
      If you feel that He has already done eveything for you,
      Then you are right, absolutely right.

      Indeed, He had done everything for you
      Long before your soul came into the field of manifestation.
      You just become in the life of your heart
      What you eternally are in His Soul:
      His, only His.¨
      - Sri Chinmoy

      in The Dance of Life, Part 4-197
      http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/0035/1

      In gratitude,
      Suchana
    • doris.cott
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 21, 2011
        Dear Suchana,

        I am so glad you are mentioning "Father's Day". I too like the "Father And Daughter" conversation-prayers. It is good to be reminded of the booklet.

        You can find even more of them here:

        http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/0126/2/219

        * * *

        Some days ago I spontaneously wrote a few poems as a modest gift to our Father-Guru for His Day after a series of experiences.

        MY FATHER SUPREME

        "My Father Supreme,
        We all have physical fathers.
        Some are good,
        Some are better,
        Some are best.
        But, You, my Father,
        You are unique.
        You are my All,
        You are my only All."

        * * *

        "My Father Supreme,
        If physical fathers
        Completely fail
        And physical mothers
        Completely..."

        "Stop, stop!
        My daughter,
        Enter into My Heart!"

        "Stop, stop!
        Father,
        To sit at Your Feet
        Is more than enough
        For me."

        * * *

        "Father,
        Is it my little ego
        When I tell the world
        That I am able to walk alone,
        Without the world's assistance?"

        "No, daughter,
        It is your divine confidence in Me.
        It is your divine confidence in yourself."

        * * *

        "My Supreme Father,
        You are telling me that
        You are the Doer
        And I am the instrument.
        Father,
        Will I ever realise this truth?
        Father,
        If You are the Doer,
        Then,
        Does the question of karma
        Ever arise?"

        "My child,
        The human in you
        May not be able to fathom
        The law of the Universe.
        But ask your soul for help,
        It will not fail you."

        * * *

        "My Father Supreme,
        I see a huge mountain
        In the far distant.
        It frightens me so much."

        "My stupid daughter,
        My beloved daughter,
        The mountain you face
        Is not real.
        It will crumble the moment
        You reject fear-
        Your enemy number one."

        * * *

        Father, o Father,
        You have found us-
        Your children-
        In this vast ocean of life.
        How I wish that
        All human beings here on earth
        Will one day
        Search for You
        Only for You."

        * * *

        "A human message:
        He who does not fend himself
        May not feel his bonds.

        A divine message:
        Surrender to God
        Lo, you are free."

        -Doris
        June 19, 2011
      • suchana27
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 26, 2011
          Dear Doris,

          You found the site on my behalf! Thank you! I´ll be reading it pretty soon.

          Thank you also for writing these poems of yours; they are simple and significant and full of Guru´s Love!

          Suchana
          PS: I am saving them right away!